Forklift Operators perform a combination of product handling and forklift operating duties to stack, transport, and store work-in-process and finished goods. Supplies production lines with efficient flow of materials and moves finished goods. Complete line driver reports accurately and legible showing locations and quantities of raw materials used as well as quantities and locations where finished goods were stored.
• Follow all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
• Perform a safety forklift inspection and battery check and report any equipment malfunctioning or damage to Laser Sorting Supervisor and Maintenance staff. Fill out forklift status report.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
• Review daily production schedule with Laser Sorting Supervisor, brings materials to the production lines when needed to execute schedule. Removes finished goods from production lines, back to assigned locations.
• Provide accurate information of unloaded materials as well as materials used or produced to Laser Sorting Supervisor.
• Maintain accurate records of materials being used and produced, and reports them in appropriate paperwork, back to the Laser Sorting Supervisor.
• Remove finished goods and other materials in hold to assigned location. Stores finished goods stacked neatly and in proper height. Verifies that all finished goods removed from the production area must have a product code tag.
• Follow established forklift procedures and complete required safety and maintenance checklists
• Follow established procedures for damaged finished goods and raw materials and report them on line driver report.
• Communicate with Laser Sorting Supervisor regarding shift totals and machine totals reports and with other forklift operators regarding any changes or problems that arise, including damaged materials, or low inventories.
• Complete written documentation as required.
• Assist in relieving downstream teammates for breaks and lunches.
• Visually inspect all completed pallets of product for quality and conformity to the packaging instructions to ensure quality at the source.
• Follows and ensures adherence to established Grower Direct Nut Co., local, state, and federal regulations and requirements as well as food safety, sanitation, food production and nutritional guidelines.
• Established and ensures adherence to procedures and standards, which are in agreement with these regulations, requirements and guidelines.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other departments within reasonable and related tasks.
o Will occasionally stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, taste and smell.
o Will frequently sit and occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel crouch or crawl.
o Must use both hands for rapid mental muscular coordination, simultaneously.
o Must be able to reach high and low levels, frequently.
o Must be able to push/pull/lift with arms below waist/at shoulder/above shoulder level up to 50 pounds frequently.
o Must lift with arms up to floor to waist, waist to shoulder 50 pounds.
o Must be able to constantly stand/stoop/walk/bend, up to 12 hrs.
o Ability to strenuous flex/grip with wrist/hands frequently (15 flexion/minute).
o May work near moving mechanical parts.
o May work around wet or humid conditions, in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, and/or risk of vibration.
1. Ability to work as part of a team.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Ability to perform basic math functions.
4. Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
5. At least 2 years of forklift driving experience.
6. Machine operating experience.
7. Ability to work with little to no supervision.
8. Previous warehouse experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers