Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Human Resources & Safety Coordinator person to work collaboratively with our Chinese Camp division team.
About The Position
• Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and new employee orientation processes
• Represent the Company in job fairs and foster relationships with schools and recruitment sources
• Full responsibility for mill payroll and payroll processes
• Communicate and administer Company benefit plans
• Manage Human Resources functions for hourly personnel
• Manage Safety programs, accident and injury prevention, and regulatory compliance
• Work closely with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and Supervisors for effective HR and Safety programs
• Coordinate with the Company's main Human Resources Department
• Implement Company-wide HR and Safety policies, procedures, and practices at mill level
• Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR and Safety policies, conduct investigations, and maintain records
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, State and Federal employment laws and Company Policy
• Responsible for Workers' Compensation functions, including attend worker's compensation appointments and working with medical staff and injured employees
• Drive safety excellence, promote crew involvement and accountability, and proactively eliminate hazards
• Implement programs that educate, engage, and motivate crew members
• Preference given to applicants with 2 years HR-specific experience or educational equivalent
• Have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
• Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention
• Ability to establish the position as a resource and partner with management
• Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Publisher)
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by April 6, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilize nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn't turned into windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers